You will need
- 1 x Mangrove Jack’s American IPA with Dry Hops - 10584
- 1 x 1.5kg Mangrove Jack’s Pure Liquid Malt Extract – Light - 40243
- 2 x Mangrove Jack’s M44 US West Coast Craft Series Yeast 10g (one is included in your pouch) - 10541
- 0.25kg Caramel Malt (80 Lovibond)
- 0.25kg Briess Midnight Wheat or Gladfield Eclipse Wheat Malt
- 22g Citra Hops - 40677
- 22g Amarillo Hops
- 1 x Grain bag to hold 1kg of grain
- 1 x Hop Sock to hold 150g of hops
- On the brew day, clean and sanitise your fermenter, airlock, lid and mixing paddle with Mangrove Jack’s Total San Sanitiser.
- Place all of the grain into your grain bag and steep this in 4L of water at 65°C (149°F) for 25 minutes then remove the grain bag. Set wort aside.
- Add 3L of boiling water to your fermenter, then add 11g each of your Citra and Amarillo hops (in hop sock) and steep for 5 minutes then remove the hops sock.
- Pour the liquid malt extract from the Mangrove Jack’s American IPA Pouch into the fermenter and squeeze out the remains.
- Add the contents of the Mangrove Jack’s Pure Liquid Malt Extract pouch and stir until completely dissolved.
- Add the 4L of wort from your steeped grains into the fermenter and stir.
- Top up to 23L with cold water.
- Check the liquid temperature is below 25°C (77°F), then add the contents of the two yeast sachets.
- Ferment per the instructions included with your Mangrove Jack’s Craft Series pouch. You will find a sachet of hops included with your pouch – use these per the instructions included.
- On day 3 of fermentation, add the remaining 11g each of Citra and Amarillo hops to the fermenter.
- Continue the fermentation as per the instructions included with your Mangrove Jack’s Craft Series pouch